Tuesday 10 November 2009

Doing the Dishes to Music

I'm slowly refining my theory on what makes good washing-up music. There's definitely more to it than 'you have to be able to sing along', because I can sing along to He's Got The Whole World In His Hands (which was playing in a bar under the railway arches in Yurakucho yesterday, entertainingly) yet I don't think that would work. Similarly, 'it has to be up-tempo' doesn't completely work, either: I'm currently listening to the Fatboy Slim remix of Brimful of Asha by Cornershop and it's all a bit too cool to go with marigolds. Catatonia's Road Rage came up on my iPod's shuffle earlier and that was perfect, mainly because I could sing along lustily in a faux-Welsh accent. Is there a single rule that can sum up all the things that make for Fairy liquid-compatible songs? Answers on a postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment